Friday, May 1, 2009

Mail In Rebates

I am a HUGE fan of mail-in rebates. I think they're the greatest thing... ever. Lots of people don't like to be bothered by the hassle of rebates, but if you're willing to spend just a few minutes on them, it's totally worth it!

One of my favorite websites is Hot Coupon World. They have a whole forum dedicated to rebates. When people find a rebate, they post it along with the information on the rebate. Definitely a great resource to find some obscure rebates! Here's the link:
http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/gimme-my-money-back/

Some tips for rebates:

1. Keep all of your receipts!
Lots of times, manufacturer will offer a rebate after you've purchased the item, and you will kick yourself if you don't save your receipt for times like these!

2. Keep everything together.
I'm not very organized, so I have to have a separate drawer for my rebates. I keep a list of all the rebates I've sent off for and then mark them off when I receive my check.

3. Check for coupons!
Lots of times, the manufacturer will offer coupons on items that they're giving rebates on. These are awesome, because you still receive the full retail price back on the rebate! The way this works: When you use coupons, they come up at the bottom of your receipt just listed as "manufacturer coupon"- they do not show up next to the item. When you send it your receipt, you circle the item and the price next to the item. This is what the manufacturer reimburses you for- they don't care if you've used a coupon or not.

Rebates are a great way to actually MAKE money if you're willing to spend the money out of pocket and have the patience to wait for your check.

1 comment:

Together We Save said...

Thanks for the info. I love coupons too.