Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Okay...

I just have to brag for a minute.

I went to Kroger on my lunch break because I needed a few grocery items. I needed a box of Bisquick, 2 boxes of Philly Cream Cheese, a chicken, and a box of Prilosec OTC. Not much, right? Well, it was when I got to the checkout! All together (the Prilosec being the most expensive), my total was $26.13. Ouch! And for just a few items! Prices are really going up.

... However... I had at least one coupon for every item. I had a coupon for $5 the Prilosec loaded onto my Plus card, plus an additional paper coupon for $3. The Prilosec ended up costing me $1.99.

The chicken was on manager's special AND I had a dollar off coupon- I ended up paying $1.73 for a WHOLE chicken!

The Bisquick was on sale, plus a dollar off coupon loaded on my plus card and a paper coupon for $0.60.

The Philly cream cheese was 2 for $5, plus I had a coupon on my plus card and another paper coupon for a dollar off.

So I ended up paying $8.73 for $26 worth of groceries!

It really does pay to use coupons- I promise!! :)

No comments: